Setting goals is easy and setting purpose goals will need more of your time to plan and to reflect on why you want to set those goals in the first place?.Successful goals come from within you and it will empower and motivate you to achieve your outcomes, this is the reason why at ArtSHINE we would like you to firstly define your DPP “Desire, Passion and Purpose” (part 1 & 2)
So get very specific with your goals. Be very clear on what it is that you want. Visualise what it is that you’re aiming for. And remember to write your goals in the present tense as if you have already achieved it too.Setting your purpose goals with passion is something you can accomplish in a reasonable amount of time. Your goals should not take you years to achieve, because then you’ll get discouraged. Your head chat will be telling you “I am not getting any where and it is too hard, too much work”. So you give up and work on other things besides your goals. This is how procrastination comes about.
To help you get started, here are some of the questions that you can work on before you select you purpose goals.
1. What is one thing you would like to change about yourself and your business lifestyle?
2. Suppose you succeed in accomplishing this change. How would things be different for you and your business lifestyle?
3. Does this outcome represent a change in yourself or for someone else?
4. How feasible is this change?
5. What are some of the risks to you or others of this change?
6. What would be your payoff for making this change?
7. What would you be doing, thinking, or feeling as a result of this change you would like to make for yourself and your business lifestyle?
8. In what situation do you want to be able to do this?
9. How much or how often would you like to be able to do this?
10. Looking at where you are now and where you’d like to be, are there some steps along the way to get from here to there? If so, rank them in an ordered list from :
- “Easiest to do now” to
- “Hardest to do”
11. Identify any obstacles (people, feeling, ideas, and situations) that might interfere with attaining your goal.
12. Identify any resources (skills, people,knowledge) that you need to use or acquire to attain your goal.
13. How could you monitor and review progress toward this outcome?